Thursday, March 9, 2017

Thank you

As we head into March I want to take a few minutes to say thank you.  Thank you to everyone who gives their time, energy, soul and love into this congregation.  Showing appreciation is something that puts a deposit into the emotional bank account of those around us.  Have you thanked someone lately?

Last month I had the privilege to attend the Facilitator Preparation program for Circles of Trust led by the Center for Courage and Renewal.  It was an amazing experience for me personally and professionally.  I spent a weekend with 21 other people from all over the US and Canada.  They were people of faith from other denominations and professional backgrounds.  One of the highlights was the ability to sit in a circle of trust with Parker Palmer for the weekend.  The other highlight was to share part of a day with a bird.  For those of you who know me know that I love birds.  Friday afternoon an owl appeared - not just any owl - but a Mexican Spotted Owl.  Since the birds are nocturnal it was amazing to be able to share daylight with this amazing and endangered animal.  I share this story to ask the question - in your busy life, when it the last time you noticed something?  Had I not been tuned into my surroundings I would have never noticed this amazing animal - as they make no sounds and quietly sit in the trees.  Because I noticed, I was able to share this experience with my colleagues and they too became more aware of their surroundings.  I challenging all of you to notice something - say thanks - and share your heartfelt experiences with those around you.

Lastly - I wanted to share a few numbers with you.  As I continue to tune into the environment of UUCA I ask questions of those around me.  I see part of my responsibility to spend your pledge money with responsibility.  Since July we have spent $7852.75 on things like hand cleaner, garbage bags, paper plates, bowls, spoons and toilet paper.  Our kitchen supplies for consumable paper products are usually available to all - and in an open space.  This means that anyone - including those who use our space for events that are non-church related - have access to them.  In an effort to reduce loss through use of non church related activities and to allocate charges appropriately across ministry areas, we have introduced a new policy for disposable paper products.

Volunteer hours for February - another update!

Total hours reported:  464.5
Top 6 volunteers:  Linda Corsoro 25.5; Robert Buckman 26.5; Diane Ullius 29.5; Bruce Rieder 108; Bob Blinn 33.5; Jacomina DeRegt 54
Number of Activity areas:  36
Top 3 Activities:  Stewardship, Soul of Aging facilitator training
Total number of volunteers tracking hours:  29 (% of members: 3%)



No comments:

Post a Comment